This online shop is run by The SACC Store, powered by ShopKeepEasy. The shop manager is M Alexander

THE SACC STORE



How our shop works 

We are offering our learning community the opportunity to share their talents with others.  If you have a piece of artwork that you have created yourself you can now display this in our virtual exhibition.  The public can view your artwork and order prints or products with your creative designs on.

We have also created a range of sacc branded clothing and other items where the college receives proceeds on every sale made. If you feel proud to be part of our community, learners and tutors can now show their support through our high quality clothing.

In normal times you can select between 'Collect from the college' or 'Home delivery' for £4.80 and items are manufactured to order and shipped within 14 days. During the Covid19 lockdown, we are suspending the collect from college option and will only be processing the orders at the end of each calendar month. It then takes up to 14 days to embroider/print the items and ship direct.

Contact us: 

If you need help or have any questions about the online shop please contact us by email at shop@southend-adult.ac.uk 


Donation of proceeds

In return for promoting your work through our shop we share the proceeds after sales costs with you.  You would retain 70% of the proceeds after sale costs and the remaining 30% of the proceeds after sale costs aretowards learners within our college that need it most.

Similarly, for all proceeds made by the college through the sale of our official clothing, accessories and gifts, 100% of these proceeds after sale costs are towards learners within our college that need it most.


How your donation is used

As SACC is a publicly funded non-profit organisation we do our best to make sure the funds we receive are benefitting those that need it most in our local community. Our on-line shop has been developed to ensure we can continue to support our learners with the resources and learning they need.  Therefore all proceeds from the sale of items in our online shop will be put towards services that benefit our learners and our communities. Services such as:

SACC delivers work that helps bring communities together and promotes health and wellbeing for residents of Southend and the surrounding areas. Your donation will help to support the following services:


Your donation will help support our learners and the work we do with local community groups:

The SEN ‘Have a Voice’ musical ensemble

We have a range of learners with complex and profound needs, many are non-verbal, while others lack the social skills necessary to work and have fun with others.  However, our SEN Orchestra brings all our disabled learners together.  Playing music develops fine motor skills, teaches players to follow instructions, develops turn-taking skills and most importantly allows all to be heard while also having a great deal of fun.

Our tutor works with all our learners and helps them develop their ‘voice’. The young people obviously enjoy performing together and for the wider community; there is a joy in the players’ faces as they wait patiently to take their turn and perform a piece that they may well have spent all year practising.  

Our learners need a range of musical equipment from standard instruments such as tambourines, cymbals, recorders and bells, to the more expensive equipment which allows all our students to participate. Equipment such as the ‘Clarion’, an award winning accessible musical instrument that can be played independently with any part of the body, including the eyes!  This musical instrument was developed for those who playing a conventional instrument is simply not possible.

By supporting our efforts to enable all our students to take part in music activities, you will be giving everyone a voice, no matter how non-verbal their disability makes them.

Our work with The Anxiety Society

The Anxiety Society is a local grass roots organisation. They offer support to Southend and Essex residents who may be suffering with anxiety, worry, depression or mental health conditions. The Anxiety Society gives them the opportunity for a listening ear and the chance to share coping strategies, support and friendship.

Southend Adult Community College has worked in collaboration with the Anxiety Society over the past year to create short bespoke courses. These courses are designed to help members gain confidence and open up the possibility of moving into a more formal learning environment. Recently the group held an art and craft exhibition at the college site in Southchurch to showcase the creative work of its members, with some of the pieces created during classes at the college.